Troubleshooting: Clearing the Cache
If there are issues while operating UGS, clearing the UGS cache may be the solution. It is fairly simple to clear the cache, there are just a few steps involved.
- The first step would be to disconnect your CNC from UGS by pressing the disconnect button and close out of UGS.
- Then you will want to open your file explorer and find the hard drive folder.
- This could have a couple different names, such as “local disk” “window disk” “OS” either way it will have a “(c:)” at the end of the name.
- Once you find the hard drive, go into the “users” folder, and click the login that is used. The login is usually your name or whatever the user that is logged into was named.
- When you have found the correct user log in, look for “.ugs” and “.ugsplatforms”. These will need to be highlighted and deleted, this will not require you to re-install UGS.
An important thing to remember is that once those two files are deleted from the hard drive, UGS will take a bit to reopen, it is rewriting the operating files that were deleted. Also, another thing to remember is that the UGS window will revert back to the default look. All that needs to be done with just rearrange the windows back to the user’s preference.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.