Troubleshooting: Increasing UGS Memory
If UGS is freezing while operating it, or larger files are being upload it may be wise to increase the memory in UGS. It is a quick and simple process:
- First is to open file explorer and find or search the “ugsplatform-win” folder.
- Then enter the “etc” folder. After that go into “ugsplatform.conf”.
- It will require a word editor such as “wordpad”.
- Once the word editor is open, look for the line that reads “#command line switches”.
- From there look the line ending in “-J-Xms64m -J-“,
- all that is needing to be done here is a change in numbering, so for example change the “64” to “256”.
- This number can be increased more if needed. Make sure to save before exiting the editor.
Please contact email@example.com for further assistance.